What are bed bugs?
Many believe bed bugs are too small to see, but they are actually about 1/4 of an inch long. Although this is small, you will be able to see their reddish-brown, flat, and oval-shaped bodies. However, there is a chance you might not see these pests at all because they are nocturnal.
Are bed bugs dangerous?
Bed bugs take blood meals from people, which makes them parasitic pests. Other similar pests are fleas and ticks, which are known to spread diseases when they feed. However, bed bugs don't carry or spread diseases to people or pets.
Although bed bugs aren't dangerous in this way, they are still a big issue for the people whose homes they infest. A bed bug infestation creates a high-stress environment where it can become difficult to perform daily tasks and activities, including eating and sleeping.
Why do I have a bed bug problem?
Possibly the most frustrating thing about bed bugs is how they infest in the first place. Bed bugs hitchhike their way into homes after accidentally being picked up in a public place or brought in on used items.
Another way bed bugs can get inside your home is by traveling from a neighboring unit with a shared wall. So even if you are careful about inspecting and cleaning your belongings, you could still end up with a bed bug problem.
Unfortunately, most people don't realize they have a bed bug problem until the pests have already spread inside a house.
Where will I find bed bugs?
Given their name, most people think bed bugs are only near beds and sleeping areas, but this isn't the case. Bed bugs can spread into every nook and cranny of a house, including behind wallpaper, in appliances, the joints of furniture, upholstered pieces, and many other places.
How do I get rid of bed bugs?
If you have a bed bug problem in the Bronx, contact our experts at Caliber Pest Service. Bed bugs aren't pests you can get rid of alone. But, our home bed bug treatment plan can eliminate these pests with ease. Our process consists of:
- Inspection: First, we check to make sure you are dealing with bed bugs, inspecting typical hot spots for these pests.
- Prep: We'll then provide a prep sheet, which is essential for effective control.
- Treatments: We offer an eco-friendly option using a steamer.
- Follow-Up: Two weeks after the treatments, we will follow up to ensure you are bed bug-free.
- Warranty: You'll receive a 90-day warranty.
Learn more about our Bronx bed bug control by contacting Caliber Pest Service.
How can I prevent bed bugs in the future?
Don't make the mistake of thinking bed bugs can't infest a second time. These pests can easily reinfest if you accidentally pick them up again. So it's essential to be mindful whenever you are in a public place or bringing a used item into your home. You can do this by:
- Inspecting and cleaning used furniture, clothing, and other items before bringing them inside.
- Keeping coats, bags, and other belongings off the floor in restaurants, theaters, schools, offices, transportation hubs, and other public spaces.
- Looking over hotel and motel rooms before your stay.
If you are worried about bed bugs in the Bronx, call Caliber Pest Service.
Caliber Pest Service has been super successful at making sure I live a pest free life. I recommend this company and their products are healthy. Love their customer service and above all, their passion in this industry. Thank you Caliber Pest Service for your continued work.