What are cockroaches?
Cockroaches are scavenging insects, which means they feed on decomposing organic matter. Species commonly found in the Bronx area include:
- German cockroaches
- American cockroaches
- Oriental cockroaches
These species will vary in size, color, and flying ability. It can be difficult to identify them correctly, so it's best to call in experts if you have cockroaches to identify different species correctly.
Are cockroaches dangerous?
One of the reasons cockroaches have a bad reputation is because of the germs and bacteria they carry and spread, causing contamination. Worse than the contamination they cause, cockroaches spread dangerous diseases that make people sick. These diseases include salmonellosis, cholera, dysentery, leprosy, gastroenteritis, listeriosis, and giardia.
Why do I have a cockroach problem?
Cockroaches are more common in homes than you might think. These pests have learned to take advantage of the many food and other resources people provide for them. If there are food crumbs, garbage, open food containers, dirty dishes, and pet food left out in your home, it can attract cockroaches. But they will also feed on other organic materials like pet waste.
Where will I find cockroaches?
You would be correct if you guessed that kitchens are the most common places to find cockroaches because they provide everything these pests needs to survive; food, water, and shelter. But they might also be in bathrooms, laundry rooms, basements, and garages because of the moisture these areas provide.
In many cases, cockroaches aren't visible right away. Instead, you might see droppings, shed skins, smear marks, chew marks, and other signs of these pests before you see them.
How do I get rid of cockroaches?
The most effective way to get rid of cockroaches is with the help of pest control experts. In the Bronx, residents can rely on Caliber Pest Service to treat active cockroaches and prevent new ones from infesting.
Our cockroach cleanout service includes:
- Inspection: First, we will determine whether or not you are dealing with cockroaches by looking for signs of them, which we will present to you along with the solutions we offer.
- Prep: We'll ask you to prep by moving anything you do not want us to treat or clean.
- Cleanout: We will flush cockroaches out from their hiding places, vacuum the areas to get rid of eggs, and place baits.
- Educate: After the treatment, we will share prevention tips and ways you can deter these pests.
- Follow-Up: In two weeks, we will check to ensure your cockroach problem is gone.
- Warranty: Our services come with a 60-day guarantee.
Find out how to get started with our cockroach cleanout treatments by calling Caliber Pest Service.
How can I prevent cockroaches in the future?
With professional assistance, you can effectively remove and treat cockroach problems, but you should know that there are also some changes you will likely have to make to prevent these pests from returning. These changes include:
- Sealing off entry points like cracks in the foundation, uncovered drains, and damaged screens.
- Eliminating food sources by keeping your home clean of food debris, storing food in airtight containers, and keeping garbage in secure bins.
- Addressing moisture problems such as poor ventilation, repairing leaks, and keeping your yard free of organic waste.
Don't forget that Caliber Pest Service is the Bronx's go-to cockroach cleanout expert.
Excellent and professional service!!